Hi there, I’m Garry.
Garry is AV Rated Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell® and has over 23 years of experience working on cases involving nursing homes and assisted living facilities; he is also one of the few attorneys in the country who has tried and arbitrated to verdict elder abuse and neglect cases in multiple jurisdictions. Garry is licensed to practice law in New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, Arkansas, North Carolina, and the District of Columbia. He is also admitted to practice law before the U.S. Supreme Court, Sixth and Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, the United States District Courts in Florida, Mississippi, and Kentucky, as well as the Western District of Tennessee.
Garry has recovered tens of millions of dollars in claims and judgments for his clients, taken or defended hundreds of depositions, been lead counsel in over 150 hearings and mediations, and served as trial counsel in approximately twenty trials and arbitrations. He also has experience handling complex discovery, focus groups, and working with scientific, medical, and technical experts in a variety of fields including accident reconstruction, accounting, economics, engineering, human factors, and various medical and nursing specialties including cardiology, emergency medicine, geriatrics, internal medicine, nephrology, neurology, oncology, orthopedics, pulmonology, trauma surgery, and toxicology. Garry taught U.S. Legal History to undergraduates at the University of South Florida in Tampa, Florida- his alma mater- as well as Florida constitutional law at Florida Coastal School of Law in Jacksonville, Florida. He has lectured on a variety of topics, including issues related to motor vehicle negligence, premises liability, product liability, personal injury, medical negligence, wrongful death, and corporate depositions. Garry received an Associates in Arts degree from Hillsborough Community College, a Bachelor of Arts degree in History from the University of South Florida, and a Juris Doctor from the University of Florida College of Law. He also received a fellowship to The George Washington University’s Elliott School of International Affairs, where he completed a master’s degree in international affairs.
In Washington, D.C., Garry served as a Legal and Policy Fellow for the United States House of Representatives’ House Committee on Foreign Affairs, working on issues concerning Africa, global health, global human rights, and international organizations for Congressman Christopher Smith (R-NJ).
When Garry is not working, he enjoys spending time on his family farm. Him and his wife joke that we have 31 children – 3 humans, 3 dogs, 2 cats, 2 rabbits, 17 chickens, 2 horses, and 2 cows.
Reported Court Decisions
- Fuller v. Becker & Polikoff, et al., 197 F.R.D. 697 (M.D.Fla. 2000) (concerning whether a law firm could be a debt collector under the Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act)
- Jacobs v. Osmose, Inc., et al., 213 F.R.D. 607 (S.D.Fla. 2003) (concerning whether individuals allegedly injured by chemicals emanating from pressure treated wood could be organized together into a class under Rule 23 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure)
- Stiksma v. Southern Exchange Bank, 861 So.2d 36 (Fla. 2d DCA 2003) (concerning whether it was appropriate to grand summary judgment in a mortgage foreclosure action)
- Thompson v. Douds, 852 So.2d 299 (Fla. 2d DCA 2003) (concerning whether the actions of police officers towards a disabled man during a detention was entitled to qualified immunity under 42 U.S.C. section 1983)
- Schneidler v. NOW, et al., 537 U.S. 393 (2003) (on behalf of one of the Amicus Curiae concerning the question of whether the conduct of pro-life protestors violated the Mann Act as a predicate offense to civil liability under the Racketeering Influenced Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO))
- Anderson v. Woodlands Extended Care, Inc., et al., Case No. 5D16-2292 (5th DCA 2017) (concerning whether it was appropriate for a trial court to dismiss the owner of a skilled nursing facility on the facts of the case as presented to the trial court)
Click or Call For a Free Consultation.
Besides being licensed in AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, IL, LA, MD, NC, NM, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA and WY, we work closely with law firms in all 50 states. If you have any questions please call us. (844) 4-0-SORES