Hi there, I’m Matt.
Matt is a graduate of the University of South Carolina School of Law and has been practicing law since 2002. He presently is a founding member of the firm of Christian and Christian, LLC. He handles personal injury cases, emphasizing nursing home neglect and medical negligence cases, trying multiple complex cases to verdict.
Additionally, he has had the opportunity to successfully handle appeals before the South Carolina Court of Appeals and the South Carolina Supreme Court involving various types of cases including nursing home, medical negligence, insurance, premises liability, etc. He has also been involved with representing a nursing home resident’s family and obtaining the dismissal of a nursing home’s Petition for Certiorari to the United States Supreme Court setting new legal precedent helpful to victims of nursing home abuse in South Carolina to have their claims heard in court instead of arbitration. He is admitted to the South Carolina Bar, the United States District Court of South Carolina, the United States Court of Appeals Fourth Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Past Chair, South Carolina Bar Practice and Procedure Committee 2012-2014;
- American Association for Justice, Nursing Home Litigation Section;
- South Carolina Association for Justice;
- South Carolina Bar Association;
- Greenville Bar Association;
- South Carolina Bar, Practice & Procedure Committee Member, 2006 – Present;
- South Carolina Bar House of Delegates Member 2019-2020;
- Mentor, SC Lawyer Mentoring Second Pilot Program, South Carolina Bar Association
- National Trial Lawyers Top 10 Nursing Home Trial Lawyers South Carolina
- South Carolina Super Lawyers Medical Malpractice Plaintiff: 2017-2023
- South Carolina Lawyers Weekly, “The Power List Personal Injury” 2023
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 2023
- Best Lawyers In America, Personal Injury Litigation, Best Lawyers, 2022
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 South Carolina
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars: 2012-2016