Hi there, I’m Joe.
Joe Musso has devoted his entire 24-year career to advocating on behalf of nursing home and assisted living facility residents and their families. He has collected millions of dollars for the victims of nursing home abuse and neglect. He routinely speaks throughout the country to lawyers, families, ombudsman, state and county agencies and advocacy groups on how to prevent nursing home abuse and neglect. He has testified before state legislatures on the need for staffing requirements in nursing homes. He has co-counseled with attorneys throughout the country in the prosecution of their nursing home abuse lawsuits. He teaches and lectures on how to properly handle nursing home abuse claims.
Joe is the past Chair of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Long Term Care Litigation Section. He is the current Treasurer of the DC Trial Lawyers Association, and is a member of the National Consumer Voice, the largest consumer advocacy group in America dedicated to improving the lives of nursing home residents. Joe is a long-standing member of the American Association of Justice Nursing Home Litigation Group where he has served on numerous committees including the Survey of Law and Covid 19 Committees.
Joe is also a Certified Leadership and Professional Growth Coach. His company Musso Coaching concentrates on the professional development and personal grown of plaintiff lawyers as well as culture building and leadership development for plaintiff law firms. Joe devotes his coaching practice to building “better lawyers, better leaders with better lives”.
Joe lives in Ashburn, Virginia with his wife Kim. He has two kids, Daniel and Maddie along with their Rottweiler Charlotte. Joe is an active member of Christian Fellowship Church in Ashburn, Virginia where he is a leader in their Men’s Ministry. Joe enjoys weightlifting, playing Texas Hold’em, cooking his grandmother’s Italian recipes and traveling with Kim and his kids. In the fall and early winter Joe can often be found at Fed Ex Stadium on Sundays rooting for and often being disappointed by his Washington Commanders.
Avvo gives Joe a 10.0 (Superb Rating).
- New Jersey
- Washington, D.C
- American Association of Justice Nursing Home Litigation Group
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Maryland Association of Justice Nursing Home Litigation Group
- Maryland Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- AAJ Nursing Home Litigation Group Member
- AAJ Nursing Home Litigation Group Survey of Law Committee Member
- AAJ Nursing Home Litigation Group COVID Committee Member
- Maryland Association of Justice Nursing Home Litigation Group Member
- District of Columbia Trial Lawyer’s Association Board of Governors Member
- District of Columbia Trial Lawyer’s Association Treasurer
- Former Chair of the Virginia Trial Lawyer’s Long Term Care Litigation Section
- The Federal Regulations – The Standard, New Jersey Association of Justice’s Boardwalk Seminar, April 18, 2013
- Empowered Caregivers, Fairfax Bar Association Keynote Speaker, November 13, 2012
- Nursing Home Abuse Litigation, Virginia Academy of Elder Lawyers UnProgram Speaker, February 25, 2012
- Nursing Home Negligence: You’re Not in Kansas Toto, D.C. Senior Resource Group Keynote Speaker, June 6, 2011.
- Deposing the Administrator, American Association for Justice Nursing Home Litigation Group Litigation Conference, Miami, FL, September 3, 2010
- Lessons from a 20 Year Career As a Nursing Home Abuse Attorney, National Consumer Voice for Quality Long Term Care, 42nd Annual Conference, Alexandria, VA, October 23, 2018.
- The Nuts and Bolts of Nursing Home Abuse Litigation, Virginia Trial Lawyer’s Long Term Care Section Retreat, Lynchburg, VA February 8, 2019.
- Nursing Home Litigation in the Age of COVID 19, DC Trial Lawyer’s Association, April 29, 2020
- COVID 19 and Virginia Nursing Homes, Virginia Academy of Elder Lawyers, October 22, 2020
- Prosecuting the Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Case DC Trial Lawyer’s Association, January 6, 2022
- Lawyer Wellness for The Modern Attorney, New Jersey Association of Justice’s Boardwalk Seminar, April 28, 2022.
- When and How to Make the Nursing Home Staffing Case in Virginia, Virginia Trial Lawyer’s Long Term Care Section Retreat, Staunton, VA April 22, 2022.